Sunday, November 29, 2009

James in the flesh

This has been a week late but the the ecstatic feeling is still there. It hasn't worn off yet. If you talk to me about the experience of meeting him, just prepare yourself with my annoying giddiness and stupid smile i always wear when i talk about it.

James Jean came to Manila last November 20-23. I caught him at Fullybooked, The Fort last Nov. 21.
James signing my Process Recess 2 book right at my favorite artwork - Succubus.

For those who DO NOT know who he is (from whatever planet you ever came from), he is just simply my god. James Jean is an award-winning illustrator and just simply an awesome talented dude.

Hey James! As a token of my fanatic appreciation, i give you my two salable journals! Those two are worth P600 only. I hope you use them, dude! hehehe

I was asking James the name of the flower he kept on drawing in almost all of his artworks. I tried to point it at the artwork behind him. He said that it was just his imagination, no particular flower. BUT, it looked like a chameleon, i dont know that flower. :|
My hair touched his shoulder...aaww and his arm.. just so near me. *blush*

James is a major influence to my artworks. Meeting him in person last week is like a dream come true (yes, yes i'm a fanatic)! I've been following him for more than 3yrs now and i never thought i would actually see him in the flesh much less talk to him. hehehe Too bad i didn't make it to his talk about his design process. But i'm all good, i couldn't ask for anything more!

Special thanks to my sister - Gai for documenting the most memorable day of my life and for waiting in line with me for about three hours. She's the best!!!


No comments:

Disqus for the lucilleumali blog