Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Samurai for renewable energy

Japan is still in crisis and making more news about the nuclear thing going on. This article is talking about considering renewable energy for Japan. 

And what a nice way of using a samurai as an advocate for the renewables! I got really excited about illustrating this because anything related to old Japanese art always reminds me of a college plate which had a very low grade but i thought it deserved a really high grade. So everytime i get a chance doing a Japanese art (NOT anime), i always feel like proving myself! hahaha
 
The original sketch i used to traced in illustrator.

Some of my references while creating my samurai. Argh! so tough to get that 'old' effect of this Japanese art.

No comments:

Disqus for the lucilleumali blog